Here is the graphic for pumping model which shows the process through which water for people develops better products and better and bigger businesses. Also known at the plumbing road map
The neat Marcom version https://waterforpeople.box.com/s/xx16...
Sugden's rough powerpoint presentation
Here it is.
I'm not really happy with the monitoring section yet, but I think it is better to share it than wait for perfection.
Any questions or clarification - just ask.
The issue came up of where an initiative was on the plumbing scheme.
An idea, such as briquettes, cannot be within both the ‘idea’ tank and the ‘market testing’ tank on the plumbing scheme. It has moved on to market testing or it has not.
As rough rule of thumb and initative is in the idea tank if,
• Water for People is leading /paying for the testing process
• The product is not finalized or at a stage where it can be sold directly to a customer
• Only test units are produced and given / sold to customers for market research or testing purposes
• The economics of production and sale have not been finalized
• A final price for the product has not been set
• Universities and academics are leading the process
The initiative is in the market testing phase if
• There is a finished product which is not going through basic modifications or further testing
• They are being sold to customers by independent businesses on a routine basis from their own premises
• Businesses are trying to make a profit and earn a living from the sales
• Water For People are not involved in any part of the production process
• There are no issues with government about their sale
• The businesses are independently searching for customers
This thread is public, all members of KnowledgePoint can read this page.